EXPANDING INTO ASIAHAS NEVER BEEN EASIER.
We are no stranger to market expansion and fundraising for startups.
We are here to enable both global and local mid-late stage startups to expand farther, accelerate faster, and make a mark in Hong Kong and beyond.
Join EPiC 2023 to get challenged and see how far you can reach.
US$ 5,000,000 Investment
The top 50 semi-finalists will be qualified for up to US$5 million investment by HKSTP Venture Fund, our corporate venture arm.
Asia-wide Recognition & Awareness
Be seen and get noticed by 1,000+ regional investors and 300+ corporate partners in our ecosystem. Make a grand entrance into China and the Asia Pacific as you expand.
US$ 210,000 Cash Prizes
Cash prizes worth a total of US$210K are up for grabs!
New Market Entry Support
Top 50 semi-finalists will reap the benefits of our ecosystem’s value-added services for 6 months after the competition:
- Business matching services
- Investment referral services
- Exclusive membership of STP platform - the world’s city-wide, cross-industry virtual lab
- Use of co-working space
- Tap into the talent pool of HK’s major universities, of which 3 are ranked in the world’s top 50.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Tech ventures less than 10 years old in the following categories are eligible to apply.
Including but not limited to:
Including but not limited to:
29 Dec 2022, HKT 23:59 (GMT +8)
HOW IT WORKS
Effortless market expansion.
Top 50 Semi-finalists
Stay ahead of the pack
The top 50 semi-finalists will be announced by Feb 2023.
If you have made the cut, your expansion in Asia has already started.
Start in Hong Kong
Scale in Asia
Come to Hong Kong with our sponsored air and accommodation to compete for the title of the EPiC Champion!
Hundreds of investors and corporate partners will come to witness the birth of EPiC 2023 Champion!
Save the date now!
EPiC 2023 Grand Finale
Remarks: Selection of finalists and winners will be subject to evaluation of the organising committee, investor judges and corporate judges.
The judging panel is formed by renowned investors, entrepreneurs, and executives in Asia. Contestants will be judged based on these criteria:RULES & REGULATIONS
The level of innovation and its competitive edge
The growth potential of your product/service
The planned actions designed to achieve your business goals
About Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP)
HKSTP has been committed for 20 years in building up Hong Kong as an international innovation and technology (I&T) hub, propelling success for local and global pioneers today and tomorrow. We attract and nurture talent, accelerate and commercialise I&T for entrepreneurs on their journey of growth in Hong Kong, the Greater Bay Area, Asia and beyond. HKSTP has established a thriving I&T ecosystem which is home to three unicorns and Hong Kong’s leading R&D hub specialising in fields including biotechnology, AI and robotics, fintech and smart city technology. Today, it has over 11,000 research professionals, 1,100 technology companies, as well as three INNOPARKs that reinforce the vision of re-industrialisation for the city.
Through our infrastructure, services, expertise and network of partnerships, HKSTP will help establish innovation and technology as a pillar of growth for Hong Kong, while reinforcing Hong Kong’s international I&T hub status as a launchpad for global growth at the heart of the GBA innovation powerhouse.
More information about HKSTP is available at www.hkstp.org.
2 Tech Winners*: US$20,000 (each)
Favourite Pitcher: US$10,000
Top 10 Finalists: US$10,000 (each)
*Tech Categories: (1) FinTech and (2) PropTech & Construction Tech
RULES & REGULATIONS
- The pitch materials should be in English. The presenter should perform the pitch in English at all times. No interpretation will be provided.
- EPiC Selection Committee has the sole discretion to disqualify or remove any company/individual for any reason that is deemed appropriate during the event.
- EPiC Selection Committee assumes no responsibility to ensure the confidentiality of any information disclosed during the pitch events and/or through any publishing of the pitching videos online or in any media.
- HKSTP is not responsible for any confidentiality issues that may occur before, during and/or after the event, and/or through any publishing of the pitching videos online or in any media and will not be involved in any way with disputes arising therefrom.
- Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) between an applicant and judges will not be required or allowed.
- The pitching company may exclude any proprietary information or materials that the pitching company deems it is at risk of disclosure.